Admin Control Panel

Posts Layout Stats Settings Sign Out

Mar 25, 2014

First Steps

Good morning!  I keep wishing that I could post some big update, but I think the reality of this process is going to be a one-two day flurry of activity followed by lots of waiting.

Yesterday  I was able to mail our contract and other documents to the adoption agency along with the first installment of agency payments.  Once they receive that we will set up a phone call with our social worker, my husband and myself to go over everything, the whole process, any questions, etc.  We needed an updated family photo to send with the packet - here it is!



Our next step is to get our Home Study completed.  I've contacted the only (yes, the only!) Hague accredited agency here in the Maine and hopefully we can get that started early next week.  This part is a bit intimidating for me, having someone come and examine your house and life is scary, we all value our privacy so much, don't we?  But the positive side is that it's a great push for me to declutter, destash, clean-out and get things in order!  There will probably be a yard sale (lots of clothes!) in our future and/or lots of trips to Goodwill!

The other thing I have been doing is investigating different fund raising options.  There are so many great ideas out there!! For now, I'd really like to focus on maybe just 2-3 major fundraising options - try to stay focused and not too scattered.  I hope to be able to post about those very soon so people who wish to help will have options!  Once our home study is completed we will also be able to apply for various grants which could be a bit help!  I'm looking forward to seeing how God will provide!

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo of your family in our Church Sanctuary :) We couldn't be more delighted to have you as part of us here in Limerick, but mostly for your friendship and "can do" attitude. Blessings to you Jeff and Julie, and of course all your children. I bet they are excited about seeing their new little sister.

    ReplyDelete