Admin Control Panel

Posts Layout Stats Settings Sign Out

Dec 17, 2014

Update for December 17, 2014

Time for another update!  We've gathered all our dossier documents and I was ready to send them off to our agency on Saturday but I ended up waiting . . . no real reason, I just figured we were still waiting on immigration and I hadn't gotten the checks from the bank yet.  Plus we had a crazy weekend!

Fast forward to Monday and when I made my weekly call to USCIS to see if our file had been assigned an officer I was told we had been assigned and  . . . APPROVED!!!  Hooray!! What great news!! It was 36 days from receipt to approval - God is good!!  So that meant we should get the hard copy any day and I better mail those dossier docs to the agency!!  I waited until I had to go to work hoping the mail would come and would include the approval.  No mail by the time I left so I went to the PO and mailed our docs Priority mail (shoot! I should have overnighted them!).  When I got home from work we had gotten the approval in the mail - another praise (but again, why hadn't I overnighted them)!  I emailed that right to our agency, but now they wait for the rest of the documents to arrive.  Once the agency gets our documents they will prepare them and send them off to be authenticated in the state of Alabama, then on to the Houston Consulate and then off to China!  This all should day 2-3 weeks.  Unfortunately it won't make it before the China shutdown from Dec. 28 - January 4, but God has a purpose in all things!


A little update on our upcoming fundraiser - 2015$.  With our dossier finally on the move we are in need of funds to pay the agency fees.  If you look on the our YouCaring website you will see that to date we have raised roughly $8,400 which is amazing!!!  I've made over 150 bracelets, Emma has been making hats, and flowers and owls, etc., we have been given gifts and so much support and we have used some of own funds to get to that amount.  We praise God for all the support we have received and the funds He has provided so far!! In order to submit our dossier (and all the supporting fees) we need about $1800.  We also need to make agency payments totaling around $5000.

I've said this several times, but I think the statistic is something like 90% of people who consider/think about adoption decide not to move forward because of the cost!! I totally get that!! $30,000+ is a huge amount of money!! But from the beginning we have felt that God has called us to adopt a little girl from China and that He would ultimately provide all that was needed!!  It's such a small amount to our great God, really!  So . . .

Please mark your calendars for January 1, 2015 and join us for 2015$ - Two Thousand Fifteens!! We will asking 2000 people to donate $15 on that day.  WOW!! Is that a lot - sure is!! I don't have access to 2000 people all at once! But with YOUR help we definitely do!!

  • Would you be willing to donate $15 toward our adoption on January 1st?  
  • Maybe for the next 3 weeks you could not get a fancy coffee or a hamburger - put the money in a jar instead and save it for January 1st??   
  • Would you be willing to SHARE this event with your friends and acquaintances? Maybe your FB friends, maybe send emails?  If everyone we knew shared it with their circle of friends that would be huge!!

Next week I'll share another aspect of this fundraiser - the FUN part!!! We want to add some fun and give back a bit too as a thank you for your support!



1 comment:

  1. Your mistake. God's plan!! Praying for grace as you wait on Him!

    ReplyDelete